It’s no secret that stress does nasty things to your body. It was a long time before I really understood the toll that stress takes on me and my body. As I learned to understand my Crohn’s Disease, I began to realize that stress was something I just couldn’t afford in my life. Aside from the large role it plays in causing flare ups of my Crohn’s, it does terrible things to me, mentally and emotionally. It wasn’t long before I adopted a new outlook on life, and went to the worldwide web in search of tips for stress relief.
Obviously, you can find many, MANY ideas there to aid in stress relief. But today, I’m going to share with you a few that work for me. Having tried several and grown to love only a couple, I think hearing what works for others is always helpful. Plus, <SPOILER ALERT> there’s a giveaway at the end of this post! :)
Tips For Stress Relief
1. Develop an appreciation for music. For me, music is one of the best strategies for stress relief. When I’m nervous, upset, anything… I can turn on a particular album and it will literally soothe my nerves, or make me feel better.
2. Take a walk outside. I love to be outdoors, and taking a walk outside (if the weather is sweltering) is very relaxing for me. It gets your endorphins going and just being out in nature is always nice.
3. Shower in the dark. Hubbalicious totally thinks this is weird, but I love to just turn a dim light on in the closet or something and shower in the dark. It’s very relaxing. You should try it.
4. Read a book. I LOVE to read. Do you? If you don’t, you should try it just for this purpose. To me, there is nothing better than losing yourself in a book to help you forget about the stress of everyday life.
5. Exercise (Yoga in particular). I like to exercise, but I don’t particularly find it relaxing, but I know a lot of folks do. Yoga is my very favorite form of stress relief. There is something about the stretching and breathing that is just unparalleled in getting rid of any stress I’m feeling.
So imagine my excitement when I was invited to participate in a GIVEAWAY in celebration of Cat from The Rustic Willow’s Blogiversary! I know that a yoga mat from Aurorae could be very useful to many of you. Whether you already practice and love yoga, or are just interested in trying something new, this is for you!! Be sure to enter! Read this message from Cat below for details:
Hi all! My name is Cat and I’m the blogger over at The Rustic Willow. I’m so thrilled that I’ve gathered all of these lovely bloggers to help me celebrate my blogiversary:
I’ve been blogging for one year now, and what a year it’s been! I’ve learned an incredible amount in one year (more than I could ever explain in one blog post) and have made endless bloggy friends.
In celebration of my blogiversary, the folks at Aurorae Yoga have agreed to give away a Yoga Kit, which includes one yoga mat in the color of your choice and one soy candle in the scent of your choice, to one lucky winner (U.S. entries only, sorry International friends!). They’re so sweet to do this for me, and I’m stoked to be able to offer these wonderful prizes to you!
Aurorae prides itself on offering a wide variety of products that are both environmentally friendly and safe for humans and animals. Their yoga mats are free from Phthalates, Latex and Silicone and all of their products are all SGS approved. Additionally, their candles are made from 100% all natural Soy wax.
Whether you’re an expert in yoga, just starting out, or wanting to give it a try–this giveaway is perfect for you :-)
To enter, just follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter below. Good luck!