Why is it that when you are in your 30’s, birthdays just don’t seem to be as exciting? I find myself considerably less giddy about turning 33, than I was to turn – oh let’s say…any other birthday? I’m not really sure what that’s about. Maybe it’s because every year that I get older, another part of my body stops functioning like it used to. Or because my metabolism gets a little slower with every passing year… And even though, it’s probably a combination of all those things, somehow I still love my birthday. There’s something about the anniversary of the day you came into this world, that makes you feel special.
In celebration of my special day this year, I decided to make a list of “33 Things While I’m 33.” So here we go:
1. Be a Camp Counselor at Camp Oasis
2. Become an expert at Photoshop
3. Consistently work on my photography skills
4. Write a book
5. Teach D.O. the alphabet
6. Decorate our bedroom
7. See a live music show
8. Take D.O. to Schlitterbahn
9. Make sure Straight Wheels has all the admin support it needs
10. Schedule my first speaking engagement
11. Walk in Take Steps for the CCFA
12. Earn $1,000 for our Take Steps Team
13. Learn a duet to sing with my Dad
14. Visit my friends in Washington
15. Visit my friends in Utah.
16. Read Gone With The Wind
17. Watch an old movie
18. Make a new friend
19. Rekindle an old friendship
20. Make a video of our year in review for D.O.
21. Get out of debt.
23. Plant a garden
24. Spray paint our patio table
25. Build an obstacle course for D.O. out of tires
26. Lose 10 pounds
27. Teach D.O. about adoption
28. Adopt another baby
29. Grow out my fingernails
30. Have consistent family nights
31. Go on dates with Hubbalicious
32. Send birthday cards
33. Be happy and live life to the very fullest!!
Do you have a birthday coming up? Let’s hear some of yours!