Well friends, it’s that time of year again! 2016 is here and as we embark upon a brand new year, I can’t help but think about the past year. We had a pretty great time! We moved closer to work, which was a welcome adjustment considering the commute we were making. As a couple, we began exploring options for a surrogacy, which felt like a huge step for us. Overall, I’d say we had a pretty stellar 2015. Even still though, something about this time of year makes me think about changes I want to make, and goals I want to pursue. So in that spirit, I’ve made a list of my 2016 New Year’s Resolutions (in no particular order):
2016 New Year’s Resolutions
- This is hard to admit… but I promised a long time ago that I would always be honest on my blog. So, here it is: I’m not a good housekeeper. I know, I know! You’re totally shocked. But in 2016, I’m making goals to be better. And not generic goals about keeping the house cleaner… I mean specific goals that will require regular evaluation and check marks. :o)
- Losing Weight. I know, every girl in America thinks they need to lose weight.. and I hate being a part of that. But the fact is, I’m just uncomfortable with the way I feel. It’s not about weight, it’s about being comfortable in my own skin… and that’s my goal. I’m always happier when I’m active and I intend to get back there.
- Eating Healthy. You’ve probably heard me talk about my love of Dr. Pepper… well in 2016, I need to lay off. Like, WAY off.
- Read Books. This is something I used to do a LOT. I’ve always loved to read, but for some reason… I haven’t made very much time for it lately. I really miss it, so I’d like to try a few this next year. Any suggestions?
- Photography: This year, I’d like to continue improving my photography skills. I love it so much, and I want to continue on this path and see where it leads.
- Grow our family. We are planning to sell our house in the early part of the year (hopefully) and if all goes well, we’d like to use the proceeds to start on a surrogacy journey. It’s in the very early stages, obviously… but I’d like to see where that road leads.
- I also have goals for this lovely little space of mine on the internet. Next year I plan to post 3 times a week, consistently. I know last year I have been a little hit or miss… Working full time and trying to blog proved a little more difficult that I had hoped, but I plan to use the first few months of the year to get on top of everything and be ahead of the game. So stay tuned, because I have lots of fun ideas for 2016!
I realize that a lot of these New Year’s Resolutions are pretty basic, but they are things that really matter to me. And that’s what’s important. Those are the things you will care enough about to work on and aim for. Do you have New Year’s Resolution this year? Comment below so I can hear what they are!